To All Pike County Parents !
Click here to learn how to access your child's ISTEP+ test results on the Internet via the Indiana Department of Education's On-Line Student ISTEP+ Parent Network Account!
Pike County School Corporation
907 Walnut Street
Petersburg, IN 47567
Phone: 812-354-8731 & Fax: 812-354-7138
"Recognized at state and national levels for excellence
in academics and vocational programming for public school students!"
General District Brochure
Viewing some documents on this site requires Adobe Acrobat Reader
All Pike Co. schools accept applications for free/reduced
lunches any time! To see if your family qualifies ...
... click here to print a copy of our
free-and-reduced lunch application ...
... click here to print a copy of the
instructions for free-and-reduced lunch application ...
then mail or take your completed application
to your child's school office or Central Office at anytime!
In accordance with federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability. To file a complaint, write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call 800-795-3272 or 202-720-6382 (TTY). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
|Important Dates to Remember
|Labor Day - No School
|End of 1st Grading Period
|Fall Vacation - No School
||October 23rd & 24th
|Thanksgiving Vacation - No School
||November 27 & 28th
|End of 2nd Grading Period & 1st Semester
||December 22nd - January 2nd
- District General Information -
- Located between Evansville, Vincennes, and Jasper, Indiana.
- District recognized by the Indiana Student Achievement Institute (INSAI) for Academic Excellence (2006). Winslow, Otwell and Pike Central High schools named "Top-Gainer" ISTEP+ schools by InSAI in January of 2012.
- National Award for Excellence given to Pike Central High School's Project Lead the Way Program in 2011.
- Pike Central High School ... an Indiana Chamber of Commerce "Best Buy" High School 1999, 2003, 2005 & 2008.
- Otwell Elementary School ... an Indiana 4-Star School (2009, 2011 & 2012). Only school in Indiana to record a perfect - 100% passing - ISTEP+ math score (Spring 2010). Named a National Blue Ribbon School by the U.S. Department of Education in 2011.
- PCSC earned a "Commendable" Public Law 221 Rating in the fall of 2011 from the Indiana Department of Education.
- Rated by the Editors of the Wall Street Journal & Offspring Magazine as a Best 100 School District in the U.S.A. (2000)
- All schools are members of the Indiana Student Achievement Institute (InSAI).
- Member of the Patoka Valley Vocational Cooperative (PVVC).
- Member of the Southern Indiana Education Center (SIEC).
- 20 Contracted Bus Routes, 18 Corporation Bus Routes.
- Serving 2,100+ students in Pre-School through Grade 12 & Adult Education.
- Providing Adult Education, GED Testing and Adult Literacy Programs to the Pike County Public.
- All PCSC schools are fully accredited by the Indiana Department of Education.
- Pike Co. Adult Education Center located in the Alternative School near the soccer field in Petersburg is affiliated with the Southwest Indiana Adult Education Consortium.
- PCSC Mission Statement -
"The mission of the Pike County School Corporation is to provide
educational opportunities that create a desire to continue learning, and
allow all students to reach their highest potential and become productive citizens."